Sunday, February 16, 2014

My mother wrote about her illness Feb, 2011

On February 23, 2011, My mother wrote the following:
(It looks like she was answering questions for disability, which she could not get)

3. Since I fall into things, the wall or have other issues staying erect all the time, I bruise myself and have to wait until the discomfort subsides.
 4. The dizziness cannot be stopped.  The doctors do not know the cause.
 5. The pills I take don't seem to have an effect on the dizziness or lack of balance.  All of the doctors have tried to adjust dosage to no avail.
6. The medicines are not for pain.  Lisinopil and Plavix
7. None that anyone is aware of.
8. No
9. I have to be very cautious and take great care when cooking to make sure I don't spill anything hot.  My hands get weak as well and tremble when I try to hold a bottle or pot.  Personal care - I get dizzy in the shower when I close my eyes and must make sure I am steady to start.  Housecleaning, cleaning, laundry and shopping can be difficult tasks.  On Feb 2, I was shopping and I fell at the shopping center.  I cut both knees, a shoulder, my right arm, my left thumb and needed to visit my primary doctor, Dr Evans.
I cannot do housework or gardening or maintenance.  I have had to give up repairs that I used to do until someone visits who can perform these things for me.
10.  I must advise my employer of my condition since I am unable to pinpoint when I might become dizzy, lose my balance or have to take a break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment